Jurassic Park (1993 Film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Steven Spielberg|
|Based on||Jurassic Park
by Michael Crichton
|Music by||John Williams|
|Edited by||Michael Kahn|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
Jurassic Park is a 1993 science fiction adventure film directed by Steven Spielberg. It stars Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum and Richard Attenborough. It is the first installment in the Jurassic Park franchise and is based off the novel of the same name by Michael Crichton. The film's screenplay was written by Crichton and David Koepp.
- 1 Plot
- 2 Cast
- 3 Production
- 4 Dinosaurs on screen
- 5 Release and promotion
- 6 Reception
- 7 Legacy
- 8 External links
Huge advancements in scientific technology have enabled a mogul to create an island full of living dinosaurs. John Hammond has invited four individuals, along with his two grandchildren, to join him at Jurassic Park. But will everything go to plan? Especially when one of the parks' own workers attempts to steal the dinosaur embryos, and has to shut down critical security systems in the process. It's now a race for survival with dangerous creatures roaming all over the island.
- Sam Neill as Alan Grant, a leading paleontologist.
- Laura Dern as Ellie Sattler, a paleobotanist.
- Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm, a mathematician and chaos theorist.
- Richard Attenborough as John Hammond, InGen's billionaire CEO and the park's creator.
- Ariana Richards as Lex Murphy, Hammond's granddaughter.
- Joseph Mazzello as Tim Murphy, Hammond's grandson.
- Bob Peck as Robert Muldoon, the park's game warden.
- Martin Ferrero as Donald Gennaro, a lawyer who represents Hammond's concerned investors.
- Wayne Knight as Dennis Nedry, the disgruntled architect of the park's computer systems.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Ray Arnold, the park's chief engineer.
- Cameron Thor as Lewis Dodgson, an employee of one of InGen's rivals.
- Miguel Sandoval as Juanito Rostagno, the Mano de Dios amber mine's proprietor.
- Gerald R. Molen as Gerry Harding, the park's veterinarian.
- BD Wong as Henry Wu, the park's chief geneticist.
- Richard Kiley as himself, providing audio narration for the park's main tour.
- Greg Burson as Mr D.N.A., the animated DNA strand that explains the miracle of cloning.