Hold on to your butts, and grab a pair of headphones as you can now listen to the first previews of the Fallen Kingdom soundtrack!
The latest Jurassic Park sequel has already roared its way into overseas theaters, and one of the main things fans can’t stop talking about is the new soundtrack from Oscar-winner Michael Giacchino. Reprising his role of composer from Jurassic World, Giacchino has brought a darker style to the latest installment, embracing its extinction level and Gothic undertones. I’ve seen the film myself, and I cannot stop thinking about the music, and how badly I wish I had access to it already.
Thankfully, Entertainment Weekly has an exclusive first look at a track from the Fallen Kingdom Soundtrack! The new theme accompanies the opening of the film, and plays during some tense storm action at night prior to the title reveal.
Give “This Title Makes Me Jurassic” a listen below:
The Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom soundtrack hits stores next week, and features the following pun filled tracks:
1. This Title Makes Me Jurassic (2:54)
2. The Theropod Preservation Society (3:47)
3. Maisie and the Island (2:07)
4. March of the Wheatley Cavalcade (2:14)
5. Nostalgia-Saurus (1:05)
6. Double Cross to Bear (2:31)
7. Lava Land (3:16)
8. Keep Calm and Baryonyx (2:46)
9. Go With the Pyroclastic Flow (3:43)
10. Gyro Can You Go? (2:16)
11. Raiders of the Lost Isla Nublar (3:20)
12. Volcano to Death (1:38)
13. Operation Blue Blood (3:43)
14. Jurassic Pillow Talk (2:47)
15. How to Pick a Lockwood (3:10)
16. Wilting Iris (1:11)
17. Shock and Auction (2:28)
18. Thus Begins the Indo-Rapture (3:41)
19. You Can Be So Hard-Headed (2:28)
20. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Free (3:29)
21. There’s Something About Maisie (1:20)
22. World’s Worst Bedtime Storyteller (2:27)
23. Declaration of Indo-Pendence (4:02)
24. To Free or Not to Free (3:00)
25. The Neo-Jurassic Age (3:33)
26. At Jurassic World’s End Credits/Suite (10:55)
Previews for all these tracks are up on iTunes here, so get listening! While there are some returning themes, Giacchino offers many new flavours that are sure to turns some heads! If you need your regular dose of Jurassic however, I recommend giving the End Credits a listen!
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Giacchino had this to say:
“John Williams certainly set the tone, so I wanted to stay in that realm, but now here we are, five Jurassic Parks in, and I didn’t want to do the same thing I did on the last film. This film has a very different tone, so I basically went to the director, Juan Antonio Bayona, who I’ve known for many years, and said, ‘What if Bernard Hermann and Stravinsky had a baby who wrote the score for this film?’”
The ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ soundtrack releases June 15th, and is available for pre-order on Amazon now!
Digging Giacchino’s new vibe, or missing that classic William’s tone? Sound off below!
Source: Entertainment Weekly