Prepare to return to Isla Nublar this June, and save the dinosaurs from extinction. Frontier Developments have announced an all new DLC expansion for Jurassic World Evolution titled Claire’s Sanctuary. The ‘Sanctuary’ story expansion is inspired by the events of Fallen Kingdom, and focuses on saving the dinosaurs from the imminent Mount Sibo induced extinction, relocating them to Sanctuary Island.
Watch the trailer below, and read on for all the details!
The Jurassic World Evolution experience just got bigger and the stakes are higher than ever.
With Jurassic World Evolution: Claire’s Sanctuary, you’ll embark on an exciting campaign with a thrilling storyline never before explored! This expansion pack features a whole host of new missions, dinosaurs, locations and loads more waiting to be unlocked by you on the islands.
Time is running out as the once dormant Mt. Sibo is expected to erupt at any minute and is threatening to send the dinosaurs of Isla Nublar back to extinction. Leap into action with Claire Dearing, voiced by Bryce Dallas Howard, as you work together on this rescue mission to save these magnificent creatures.
In addition to the exciting new narrative in Jurassic World Evolution, you’ll also gain access to three incredible new dinosaurs:
- Albertosaurus – a large tyrannosaur with distinctive short, bony crests above the eyes and two extremely powerful legs
- Euplocephalus – meaning “well-armoured head”, referring to its wide skull and toothless beak
- Ouranosaurus – a powerfully built herbivore with a flat, duck-billed snout. This dinosaur had a thick muscular sail on its back going from the base of its neck to the very tip of its tail.
Dinosaurs aren’t the only addition though. Now, there are brand new Paleobotany mechanics that allow you to research and grow new plants using the new Greenhouse building. You’ll be able to serve your dinosaurs their favourite meals to increase their lifespan and prestige while making them feel more at home in the environment.
With an all new Isla Nublar play space, the addition of Sanctuary Island, Paleobotany, new dinosaurs, and more, this expansion promises to add fun for players of all interests! You may recognize the new off-road vehicle ride as the Gallimimus Valley tour vehicle, as seen in Jurassic World, which is quite a fun new addition. I’m particularly excited to visit Sanctuary Island, and learn more about this elusive island, as the film never explored it due to Mill’s dino-auction betrayal.
Alongside ‘Claire’s Sanctuary’, Jurassic World Evolution will be releasing a free update with many exciting, fan requested features as well.
- Terrain and Scenery Items – Place new rocks, trees and shrubs in your dinosaur habitats or change the terrain from grass to dirt on some islands!
- Spinosaurid Care – Spinosaurids are receiving some care refinement with the addition of wetlands to represent their swamp and coastal environments, plus new fish feeders!
- Gyrosphere Improvements – We’ve made some changes to allow gyrospheres to pass through enclosure fences by adding automatic gates, so now you can wow your guests with a park-wide tour of all of your exhibits!
- And more!
Jurassic World Evolution: Claire’s Sanctuary will launch alongside our free update 1.8 on 18 June 2019 and will be available to download from Steam, PlayStation or the Xbox Store for £12.99/$14.99 (price may vary per platform and region). This pack is entirely optional for you to purchase, as update 1.8 will include these new features and will launch for free for all players. Please note you will need to own the base game in order to play.
What are you looking forward to the most in these upcoming Jurassic World Evolution expansions, and what changes or additions do you want to see come to Jurassic World Evolution in the future? Sound off in the comments below, and as always, stay tuned to Jurassic Outpost for everything Jurassic!